Arzep Nasal Spray is an intranasal antihistamine used to treat irritation and inflammation caused by allergies. It is commonly used by people diagnosed with allergic rhinitis, which occurs seasonally by pollen, hay fever, and perennially by dust mites, animal fur, and other allergens. It provides relief from sneezing, runny nose, and itchy or watery eyes by blocking the release of histamine, a chemical that causes allergic symptoms.
Dosage and Administration:
Arzep Nasal Spray contains azelastine hydrochloride, a potent, fast-acting, long-acting antihistamine. Azelastine binds to H1 receptors and blocks histamine-mediated actions, as well as acting directly on the mast cells to reduce the amount of histamine released. This dual-action of Arzep Nasal Spray reduces nasal symptoms of allergic rhinitis like nasal congestion, runny, itchy nose, and sneezing.
Arzep Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient azelastine (0.1%w/v), an antihistamine used to treat nasal symptoms of allergic rhinitis, in a CFC-free spray.
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Arzep Nasal Spray include:
- Bitter taste
- Burning in the nose
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Nosebleed (epistaxis)
You should NOT use Arzep Nasal Spray if you are:
- Allergic to azelastine or any ingredients in Arzep Nasal Spray
- Pregnant or are breastfeeding, without discussion with your doctor
- Taking any medications that interact with azelastine in Arzep Nasal Spray, including CNS depressants, cimetidine, and also alcohol
Administration & Dosage:
Arzep Nasal Spray is intended for nasal administration only for adults and children over five years of age. Shake your Arzep Nasal Spray before use and apply one spray into each nostril twice daily, morning and evening, or as instructed by your health care professional. Arzep Nasal Spray works best used regularly, and it can be used continuously for up to 6 months.
- If you miss a dose of Arzep Nasal Spray, please take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
How should Arzep Nasal Spray be stored?
- You should store your Arzep Nasal Spray below 25°C in a cool, dry place but do not refrigerate.